I’m thrilled to welcome Jordan Harbinger back to the podcast to talk about the most important factor in the success of your business: you. In this episode, Jordan’s offering up the lessons he’s learned as the host of The Art of Charm podcast about building authentic relationships, winning over an audience, and making a stellar first impression.
As a podcaster, public speaker, and coach, Jordan knows a thing or two about making quality conversation and putting a listener at ease—the kind of skills that can transform an everyday run-in with a stranger at a conference to a lifelong professional relationship. In this episode, he’ll share stories from his business journey and key teaching moments he encountered along the way. He’ll debunk a few myths about what makes a good first impression and offer up a few, simple rules for staying confident and genuine while networking.
Like Jordan says, there aren’t many “hacks” or “quick fixes” for becoming a confident communicator—upping your game takes practice. Listen in to get Jordan’s expert advice on taking your communication skills to the next level. I learn so much each time Jordan and I sit down to chat, and I know you will too!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Special thanks to Jordan for joining me this week. Until next time!
Download the Transcript
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Download the MP3 Audio File
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- Why "ABG," not "ABC," holds the key to building lasting and genuine relationships.
- One tiny thing you can start practicing today to improve your non-verbal communication.
- Why you should stop "keeping score" in your professional relationships.
- How Jordan took his interview skills from good to great.
- How changing his interview style made Jordan's podcast more successful.
- Advice for engaging both the beginners and the pros in your podcast audience.
- Common interview pitfalls that alienate your podcast listeners.
- What Jordan's experience on daytime TV taught him about nailing a public appearance.
- Jordan's advice on finding the right speaking coach.
- Advice for rolling with mishaps when participating in a live event, and more!
- The Art of Charm Bootcamp
- The Art of Charm Challenge
- Heroic Public Speaking
- Children interrupt BBC interview
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 121: A Crash Course on Charisma—A Guide to Winning In-Person Encounters with Jordan Harbinger
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 203: How to Command Any Conversation, Meeting, or Interaction You Have with Michael Port
- Smart From Scratch
Get started with a 21-day meal planning program.