Today I’m addressing a question I keep getting asked: What am I doing with my new live video studio? Why did I set it up, what’s my plan for it, and should you be investing money in live video? Today I’m answering all those questions. We’ll be talking about live video strategy, but also how to set up a space to record in.
I knew for a while that video was going to be part of my entire business strategy, especially because courses were going to be so integral. Live video can be a game-changer—it’s a really organic way to connect with your audience. And it’s especially potent on Facebook. If you go live on Facebook, you’ll get more reach than with a text update, or even an image; Facebook’s really favoring live video right now.
Investing in live video is smart. Experts say that by 2020, about 90 percent of content consumption will be via video. Live video is definitely going to be a big part of that—it’s something we need to pay attention to. So join me today as we talk about all things live video: How to get started, how I set up my studio, the results I’ve seen, and a whole lot more. Enjoy!
Thanks to our episode sponsor, Ahrefs, we have a contest this week! Register to win a free annual account (a $3,990 package!) by answering the following question in the comment section below: What is one amazing piece of advice that you’ve heard in a previous episode of the SPI Podcast?
Leave your answer below for a chance to win. To start your free trial today, go to Ahrefs.com. I’ll pick my favorite comment from all entries; contest closes on December 7, 2018 at midnight Pacific. The winner will be notified via email using the email address associated with the comment.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Download the Transcript
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Download the MP3 Audio File
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- The power of live video and why it's worth the investment.
- How to get started.
- Why overly-producing live video can take away from the experience.
- The results I've had because of live video.
- My first experience with live video and why it blew my mind.
- Why I created a studio for livestreams and videos, and why I went to that level.
- How I set up my studio and what equipment I invested in.
- How my studio is growing and how it will grow in the future.
- How going live helped with other areas of my business, and more!
- Power-Up Podcasting
- My Custom Home Office Tour and Setup – SPI TV Ep. 2
- Ecamm Live
- Social Media Marketing Podcast with Chalene Johnson
- A Cribs-Style Tour of the Brand New Office and Studio!
- Smart Passive Income on YouTube
Ahrefs is the ultimate tool for anyone who wants to win in the world of SEO. Whether you need a tool for keyword research, competitor research, backlink research . . . Ahrefs is the only tool you need for SEO.