Guess what? Today’s my birthday! I am 35 today and very grateful to have lived this long and experienced so much. I wanted to share some of the lessons I’ve learned along the way, so today I’m giving you 35 quick lessons from 35 years of life. I’m also ending today’s episode with a challenge.
This week, I want to give you the opportunity to reflect on the amazing things that you’ve encountered, experienced, and enjoyed in the life you’ve lived so far. Here at SPI, we’ve created a lot of great content, a lot of actionable items over the past several months—last month was Affiliate Marketing Month, for example—but today I want to shift gears and talk about my 35 life lessons.
These are short nuggets of wisdom from my business journey and life experiences. This is what I’ve learned so far, in summary, about how to carve out your career and business, and some best-practices for creating opportunities and making the most of them. I’ll also be sharing what I’ve come to understand so far about life in general, the habits and rituals that make me stronger, and the rules that guide my day-to-day decisions.
Pencils of Promise Birthday Challenge
To further celebrate my birthday, I’m asking you to join me in making a difference in the lives of children who do not have access to education. I’m talking about Pencils of Promise, an organization that builds schools and creates educational opportunities for children in developing nations.
Previously, the goal was to build two schools which we accomplished in 2014 thanks to your support. This year, the goal is to raise $75,000 to help reach—and provide education for—1,000 students.
I will also match your donation 100 percent up to $50,000. So if you donate $100, I will donate $100 of my own—for each donation up to $50,000.
Let’s do this! Donate at SmartPassiveIncome.com/pop.
I’m an advisor for Pencils of Promise, and I’m really excited to get the SPI community involved, as I’ve done in the past. Every little bit counts (even just $1!), so please join me in donating at SmartPassiveIncome.com/pop. Thank you so much.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Download the Transcript
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Download the MP3 Audio File
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- Why "life is too short to complain" is my number one life lesson.
- How to use the experience of others to carve your own path.
- What keeps me on track when I start to stray from my chosen path.
- The number one thing I recommend for starting out your day the right way.
- An exercise I use to change my thinking and keep my priorities on target.
- What keeps me moving forward when the going gets tough.
- Why you should never be the smartest person in the room.
- The best ways to make room for growth—for yourself and for your business.
- A great rule of thumb for making any business decision.
- What I would tell my younger self, if I had a DeLorean.
- The daily habits that keep me focused in the moment, and more!