This episode is all about learning from mistakes. Last week we talked about my plans for 2018—well, a lot of the lessons I learned this year resulted in those plans. Today, I’m sharing those lessons with you, not just as an example of what not to do, but to reveal what decisions I made for 2018 because of those experiences.
Today I’m talking about the big picture, looking back at 2017. I’ll be discussing my struggles with time management, specifically how saying “yes” too much got me to a point of being overworked. I’ll be talking about the physical product launch that didn’t go according to plan, the two habits I let slip mid-year, and a target that I set for myself that I did not hit.
As always I’m being fully transparent—it’s all out on the table for you. That’s because this week’s episode isn’t just about what didn’t go according to plan. It’s also about what’s going on in my brain, why these things happened in the first place, and what you can learn from them. Everyone makes mistakes—it’s part of the process and it’s how you grow. I know that what I learned this year can help you with your own business journey too. Today’s episode is full of great takeaways that will help you with your business approach going forward—maybe even help you get results quicker. Grab a pen or a note-taking app and let’s get started!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Download the Transcript
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Download the MP3 Audio File
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- Why saying "yes" too much made my life harder in 2017.
- How having more open time actually led to overworking myself.
- Why my physical product didn't pan out in 2017.
- The two crucial habits I let slip mid-year that I'm trying to incorporate again.
- Why 2017 was an amazing year for creating my own products, especially courses.
- Why creating sales funnels was a challenge for me this year.
- The target I wrote down for myself in 2017 and why I didn't hit it.
- How what didn't go to plan in 2017 is informing my 2018 strategy, and more!
- Power-Up Podcasting
- Build Your Own Brand
- The Five Minute Journal
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 271: The Five-Minute Journal Founders UJ Ramdas and Alex Ikonn
- Smart From Scratch
- 1•2•3 Affiliate Marketing
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 278: List Building Made Easy with Special Guest Amy Porterfield