Let’s go back in time to the day after I lost my architecture job. What would you say to me? That’s the thought experiment we’re running today with Roberto Blake, creative entrepreneur and founder of Awesome Creator Academy and Create Awesome Media.
In my challenge to Roberto, he walks me through exactly what he’d suggest I do to get started building a personal brand (if it was the day after I got let go). He identifies the strategies, tactics, and mindset that any new entrepreneur should embrace, and highlights the shifting culture of modern business. Roberto has a reputation for building brands from the ground up and helping entrepreneurs make money with their creativity, and his game plans are spot-on.
This episode is powerful listening, especially if you’re at the beginning of your journey. Even if you’re not, you’re going to gain some major insight from Roberto. Put that phone in your pocket and turn the volume up—you’re going to want to listen carefully to this one.
I want to give a shout out to Nathan Barry of ConvertKit, who tweeted recently that ConvertKit has now hit $1 million in monthly recurring revenue. Huge congratulations to Nathan and the team! ConvertKit is the email service provider that I use. If you’re just building your email list and don’t have an email service provider yet, I recommend trying out ConvertKit. If you want a 45-day free trial, go to SmartPassiveIncome.com/convertkit45. You can’t get this anywhere else. They’ll give you everything you need to get your email list up and growing, so check it out! [Full Disclosure: I’m a compensated advisor and an affiliate for ConvertKit.]
Next week we’re talking to a student of mine who’s just finding her stride. It’s going to be a great episode, so make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss out!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Special thanks to Roberto Blake for joining me this week. Until next time!
Download the Transcript
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Download the MP3 Audio File
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- Why it's difficult for people to hold onto their creativity.
- Why falling in love with the process of creativity is much more critical than follower numbers.
- Tactics for getting started as a creative and building a personal brand.
- How 30 minutes is sometimes all you need to create something of worth.
- How the culture of business is shifting, and how to stay above the water.
- How to prove your expertise and value in your craft and industry.
- Why your body of work and reputation are your most important assets.
- How Roberto would coach me if we could go back in time to the day after I was let go.
- How Roberto plans out his content, how he balances quality and quantity, and more!