The other day I asked my Uber driver if he’d ever heard of a guy named Harry Campbell. “Isn’t that The Rideshare Guy?” he asked. And that’s exactly who we have on the podcast today!
Harry is the creator of TheRidshareGuy.com and author of The Rideshare Guide and he helps people who drive for rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft. He shows them how to make more money—essentially how to have a better career driving for rideshare services. I also caught up with him recently on an episode of Tactics in a Tesla on my YouTube channel—if you’ve ever been interested in driving for Lyft or Uber, that episode is a great place to start.
I just had to get Harry on the podcast as well, so today we’re talking about how he did this, how he’s growing his blog, and how he’s serving over 200,000 unique visitors per month. Harry’s story is so much more than just a story about a rideshare guy—this is an inspiring journey for anyone who’s thinking about launching a business in a niche market. This is a great example of how to stand out, how to monetize, ways to think about your content strategy, and so much more. We even talk about how someone could use rideshare driving as a way to network and even sell for your business. There’s a lot to dive into today, so let’s get to it!
I want to give a big shout out to my email service provider, ConvertKit, for just being on top of it. I’m sure you’ve heard about the recent GDPR stuff—well they were some of the first to come out with information about how to stay on top of that. This tool is amazing for getting your email list up and running and it’s full of fantastic automation features like tagging and segmenting. If you want to get a forty-five day free trial—you can’t get this anywhere else—check it out at SmartPassiveIncome.com/convertkit45. [Full Disclosure: I’m a compensated advisor and an affiliate for ConvertKit.]
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Special thanks to Harry Campbell for joining me this week. Until next time!
Download the Transcript
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Download the MP3 Audio File
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- How Harry transitioned from a career in aerospace engineering to the world of Lyft and Uber.
- How Harry validated his rideshare blog before he launched it.
- What strategies Harry uses to get feedback from the rideshare community.
- How to stand out when you're getting established in any niche.
- How a missed high-level media opportunity pushed Harry to quit his day job.
- What revenue streams Harry created for his business and how they work.
- How Harry's team is structured, and when and why he decided to outsource help.
- How Harry strategizes his rideshare content.
- Why Harry wrote his new book, The Rideshare Guide.
- How rideshare driving can open up opportunities to sell, network, validate, and more!