I am now on Course 2, lesson 5, of this journey as a member of the Wealthy Affiliate forum and working at home. At present, working at home definitely has its benefits. Not having to deal with all this snow: shoveling; getting stuck in a snowbank somewhere; being late; and not slipping and sliding my way to a J.O.B., appointments, or anywhere else (Massachusetts, Snowmageddon, 2015) is one major benefit – for this year anyway.
As mentioned previously, there are six courses, and I am documenting my progress for all to see. I’ve given myself a time frame of six months of honest effort to see how things work out. And, yes, there is effort involved in this as well as other “passive” income vehicles. Wealthy Affiliate is no “get-rich-quick” scheme. It does take honest effort, but I was hesitant. In essence, I was truly ambivalent about making the commitment, and I certainly didn’t want to shell out any more money on something that “may” not work.
But, with that stated, I also knew that if I did put in an honest effort, it “probably” would work. Because that’s what it’s all about – honest time and effort. With all my previous experiences, and all the changes in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and knowing that things are not as easy anymore to have a site ranked well in major search engines, I knew that there is a bit more to it now in order to be successful online.
I knew it was going to take time and effort in addition to money. Gone are the days of just slapping a site together, filling it with gibberish and stuffing it with keywords. The only way to make this work is to commit yourself to your passion – whatever it may be – create good content for your visitors, and make their visit memorable and worth their time.
How to Earn Money Blogging:
While it’s not necessary to build a Blog, the written content of a Blog is going to help with natural rankings in major search engines. This is one of the better ways to become successful working at home. Further, while creating a Blog does include a lot of time and effort, in the beginning, maintaining it requires less time later on. It is one of the best ways to create passive income online.
Work At Home:
- (Obviously) Become a Blogger and Affiliate Marketer – Effort at first, then minor work later – passive
- Build an online store
- Make & Sell Your Own Products – Not as “passive,” but…
- Drop-Ship – Other People’s Products – Fill orders, then passive
- Affiliate Marketing – Zero Products – Set-up links, then passive as it generates referral income 24/7.
- Google Ad Sense – Sell Ad Space – Set up links, then passive
- Sell Banner Ad Space on Your Site – Set up work, then passive
- Build an email list – Marketing Affiliate Links – small amount of work – autopilots put it on the “passive” side.
- Offer Online Services which can be a myriad of different services
- Writing Articles, Stories, etc. – small amount of work.
- Offer Services at Fiverr: Professional services, starting at $5 !
- Social Media Management – can be time consuming – not as passive
- Customer Service – can be time consuming – not as passive
So, getting back to my topic about working at home with Wealthy Affiliate... As mentioned in an earlier post, the Wealthy Affiliate forum takes members through the process of building a Blog step by step. My lesson, at this point, was to create a post and add pictures. I’ve done that, here, but I’ve also kept my readers in mind. It is my hope that this post is informative, memorable and well worth your time.
As always, have a great day, and I welcome your comments below.
Thanks for your visit!